Monday 23 May 2011

Day 56 - Eggy Mountains

Music Hall


Concert Soloists

Dessert!
So this morning I went to a concert. It was actually amazing. It was about Ivan the Terrible. So... in Russian, but it had subtitles above the stage (are they still subtitles if they are above the stage?). The Vienna Philharmonic was playing with a choir, male and female soloists, a narrator (a speaking part, well played), and Gerard Depardieux (from Cyrano de Bergerac) as Ivan the Terrible (another speaking part, obviously well played). They were all amazing! Oh, there was also a boys’ choir. They were all little and cute. I was very impressed with the brass section; they were glorious. The female soloist was very strong, very good. And I thought Gerard Depardieux was amazing, although I’m told his Russian sucks. I didn’t notice. Some friends of Tante Carole and Uncle Rainer were visiting from Vienna. They were very nice. Afterwards, I took my Aunt and Uncle to dinner. It was wonderfully delicious and ended with a Salzburger Knokurl (?). I don’t know how to spell that. It’s pretty much just egg whites, except more eggy than meringue. It was alright. It was more exciting to see than to eat. It’s just a big fluffy...thing. It’s like three little mountains. Anyways, it was a fun dinner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment