Tuesday 17 May 2011

Day 28 - Crazy Cabs and Hot Springs

Hot Springs


Whole Group!

Warning that the water is boiling there... and it was...

Feet in Boiling Water. Dom won for longest
Today I slept until 1... in the afternoon! Anyways, after I woke up, we decided to head over and take a look at the kayaking. So we walked down to the coast, to another place owned by the brothers who own the Ring. We kayaked around and took pictures. The water was amazing, just perfect. And the views were gorgeous too! On the way back we stopped and split a Margherita pizza for 3 euros. It was so delicious! Then we went back to the hostel. I showered and went downstairs. Dorry taught the twins and I how to play Brisk, it’s a pretty sweet Italian card game. I even played a little foosball. Of course I was terrible. Then we headed off to dinner at the family restaurant. I didn’t like it as much tonight; the food takes nearly forever. We ate in 15 minutes but it took 2 hours to get our food and I was so tired, so I wanted to get out of the restaurant. After the restaurant, the guys (Alec, Eric and Kyle), the two Swedish girls (Sara and Christina) and Dom and I went to the hot springs. It was pretty amazing. Well first our taxi driver was pretty funny. Typical Italian driving. Although I think he kicked it up a bit because it was making the boys go crazy in the back seat. And he had a pretty cool sounds system; I picked a song, Money for Nothing. The guys went wild when he took his hands off the wheel to clap. The hot springs were awesome. The temperatures ranged from the ocean all the way up to boiling. Then the taxi showed up again and took us back to the hostel. We all played president and then went to bed. Finally! I was so tired!

No comments:

Post a Comment