Thursday 19 May 2011

Day 40 - Snitzel and Accordions

Night at the Inn

Today I slept in a little bit, and my back is really not feeling too great. It felt better by the night though. I finished off my book, The Monster of Florence. I also worked on the puzzle a bunch. I walked down to the outdoor pool to check it out. I didn’t swim long though because the rain and the water were both pretty cold. But even a short swim felt really good. After everyone got back from the Opera, we drove out to the Aspen Rose. I ate Snitzel, finally, with lots of fries. Then people were playing Austrian folk music. In total I saw 4 trumpets, a tuba, a clarinet, 2 guitars and 3 accordions. Who would’ve though that a small teenaged boy playing an accordion would be one of the coolest things I’ve seen all week. The food was great, the music was better, and I really enjoyed one man who could play any song by ear. He sang:
L is for the way you look at me
O is for the only one I see
etc.. He also had pretty much everyone in the place singing along to ‘Oh When the Saints’. And it’s really funny because he doesn’t speak anything other than German, so he has no idea what he is saying. He jut heard it somewhere and now he plays and sings it. Apparently he does French songs too. It was a super fun night! I love Austrian Folk Music, although, I don’t think it would be as good if it wasn’t live. 

No comments:

Post a Comment