Wednesday 18 May 2011

Day 33 - Pigeons in Masks

Museum, Duomo and Doge's Palace


Fun Times Looking at Masks!

Inside Doge's Palace Inner Courtyard

Gondolas!
This morning I woke up at eight. Because of all the sleep I had I guess. I showered, which felt amazing because our room was so hot. I swear it’s getting hotter here. Then we ate breakfast, the best part was the juice. The flavour is called Ace; it’s orange, lemon and carrot. Very delicious. Then we walked to San Marco Square. There are many pigeons here...like...a ridiculous amount. We saw a white one, and a really fat one, which wouldn’t fly away when I got too close to it. Dom thinks he was brave. I think he was just too fat and lazy. We started in the Correr museum, which is alright, but I preferred the archeological museum which was attached to it. In the Correr museum, I liked the maps. In the archeological museum, I liked the mummies and the Leda and the swan statue. We ate pasta of course for lunch and some fish too, just for a change. I do miss having a home-cooked meal. I enjoyed in Naples having a kitchen in our hostel, so we could cook our own dinner. It made me feel more at home. We also bought some masks. I’m pretty sure we spent over half and hour in the store. So I hope that Katelyn, Laura, Maryn and Jenn like the ones that I picked out for them. Then we went into the Doge’s Palace. It was massive and beautiful and I loved the decor. Although I think I’d prefer silver-plated ceilings instead of gold. While we were inside it started to rain. OMG! The first rain I’ve seen in the month since I’ve been here. And of course I would’ve chosen today to wear my white dress. Luckily I had brought a sweater in case we went in the church, so I put it on. But by the time we were done in the palace, it had stopped raining. Then Dom bought a parasol, and I bought a sweater that said, “I ‘heart’ Italia”. Then we went to our hostel and went out for dinner. I had a delicious risotto with mushrooms, but not as good as at the hotel in Croatia. Then we just hung out in our hostel and packed our things. Goodbye Italia. 

No comments:

Post a Comment