Monday 23 May 2011

Day 51 - The Shafberg

Selling Toys in Salzberg

Today I’m really starting to get homesick. It’s hard to do nothing all day and not wish you were at home doing nothing with your friends and family. It can be very tiring to meet new people for two months solid. I finished my last book today. Today we ate lunch with all three of us together, and it was so good. It’s the season for corn, so we had corn on the cob and it was so good and fresh and sweet. Then we drove out to St. Wolfgang on the Wolfgangsee. From there we hiked up the Shafberg. It was a three hour hike and I was totally beat after, but in a good kind of way. The view was amazing, and so many mountains! And so high up! The lake looks so blue and you can see the lakes on the other side from the top too. It was incredible, but I forgot my camera in the car so I have no pictures. It’s 1732 meters high. I can’t believe I walked all the way up! The place we stopped for dinner had such delicious snitzel!

No comments:

Post a Comment