Friday 25 February 2011

Day 8 - Dinner with Sachiko

Tante Carole and Sachiko

Plague Church
Today was a travel day; all day in the car back to Vienna. When I got back I borrowed Shantaram from Tante Carole (by Gregory David Roberts). I think Nick would like this book, I should remember to tell him about it. 
ingwer - ginger
apfel - apple
ach so - kinda like oh really, but it can be different things
bitte - please, you’re welcome, and favour
danke - Thank-you
Shun - added to bitte or danke to show extra feeling
Tante Carole and I met her friend Sachiko at a Thai/Chinese restaurant. The food was really good and Sachiko was really nice. She is a (nearly) 80-year-old woman who looks like she couldn’t be a day over 50. She brought me some traditional Japanese candies in a traditional box, which I think might be a little bit over my head. I must remember to send her a postcard from Italy to thank her for her generosity. She told me she liked Venice the best. I should send one from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment