Friday 25 February 2011

Day 6 - Youth Orchestra Premiere

Bahnhof - train station
Green signs = Point of Interest (like the bahnhof)
white signs = highways and streets
blue signs = autobahn
the ‘beta’ symbol = a double ‘s’ - not acceptable in words that aren’t proper nouns
Breakfast in the monastery. Then Tante Carole and I listened to the rehearsal some before heading off to Mini-Mundus in Klagenfurt. I found it very cool to see the world’s greatest buildings in mini (most of which are European, but they did have the CN tower). Also, when I say mini...most of them are still taller than me. Mmm...raviolis for lunch and then rest till the concert. 
Boote - Boat, and sounds like boat but with a little extra on the end.
There was poison Ivy in my raviolis. The Youth Orchestra was amazing. I really enjoyed the song they played with Uncle Rainer, and ‘Ma mere l’oye’ . Katelyn, I’m sorry you couldn’t be here to hear that one! The violins were really cool and the flute solo was amazing!
Wassa - water (‘w’ makes a ‘v’ sound)

No comments:

Post a Comment