Friday 25 February 2011

Day 5 - The Fortress in Villach

Mother and Baby

Lowly monkey trying to get in on the food action
the Fortress in Villach

View from the Fortress
Spezi - mixture of coke and lemonade or fanta
Katelyn, you’d be so jealous! We went and watched Uncle Rainer practice with the Youth Orchestra. It was lots of fun. Then we went to look at the Berguine Landskron Fortress ruins. Here we saw the Japanese monkeys and the birds of prey; very cute monkeys, very cool birds! Then I went for a swim in the Ossiacher See (‘see’ in German means lake, ‘meer’ means sea). Walking alone in a town I didn’t know reminded what Edda said yesterday. She thinks I shouldn’t go to Italy because it’s hot, stinky and dangerous; she says, I should just stay in Austria (although I think she was joking, mostly). The water was nice, really clean for a lake of its size. The fortress is in Villach. But ‘V’ in German sounds like ‘F’. Flugel - wings. Tante Carole beat me at crib. And I met the conductor and his wife. They’re from France, and Tante Carole was right, he really does talk too fast to know wether he’s speaking French, English or German...

No comments:

Post a Comment