Friday 25 February 2011

Day 3 - Vienna

Stephansdom


First District

Royal Palace

Today I slept late. Ew. Tante Carole and I went walking in Vienna, and she told me about history and legends of Vienna. I took 400 pictures. I really like this house, except sometimes when it gets cold at night. The style of their house is called Jugendstil; it’s kind of like the Art-Nouveau in France. I also saw the “Spanish Riding School”, the Cathedral, the winter palace (because Vienna stank in the summer), the city palaces and the oldest church in Austria (still in use). I found my favourite room upstairs; Uncle Rainer’s music room. You should see their piano, Katelyn. It is a grand piano! It sounds beautiful. Too bad I can still only remember the first two lines of “Hey There Delilah”. Also, Germany beat Ghana at soccer, but they both move on to the next round. How weird. I forgot some things: today at lunch I ordered a proseco orange by accident, which happens to be an Italian bubbly wine in orange juice. Oops. I also walked past the most famous music store in Vienna, I might go back to get a souvenir for Katelyn. Katelyn, I noticed something else you might like, but not at a store. Uncle Rainer has six pillows in his music room: two violins, two violas, one cello and a double bass (all to scale)!

No comments:

Post a Comment